Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 4


Goodreads time!  I love using Goodreads. 
I actually just went in to update my profile and saw that I've been a member since 2011, wow!  I had no idea it had been that long.  I primarily use it to keep track of my books that I'd like to read and have read.  I think we can all relate to walking through the stacks and finding more and more cool looking books to read until we have a mountain...that I can never quite get through.  I love adding books to my "To Read" list so I can remember them all rather than checking them all out!


I also think Goodreads is great using out on the desk when customers ask questions like "What is next in this series?"  or "When does this come out?"  The ability to look up any title and then click the series name next to it and have an entire series list is awesome.  It also does a pretty good job of telling you the expected publication date.


Another feature I enjoy is Listopia and the Giveaways.  Listopia is pretty cool to sift through to find what is upcoming and popular.  I actually won a book once through the Giveaways!  The author sent me a nice note too hoping I enjoyed their book.  You never know what'll happen, so it doesn't hurt to enter a bunch!


I don't ever seem to have luck with the Recommendations feature.  None of them have every interested me before...


Now to see if I can find some additional people also doing this Be More Bookish to friend - I know I'm already friended to a bunch of BCPL'ers! :)


Find me here on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/shimmerwing

No comments:

Post a Comment